You are hereNingbo University
Employment of International Teachers in the Faculty
of Foreign Languages, Ningbo University, China for 2011-2012 Academic Year
I. Profile of Ningbo
A famous historic city with rich cultural heritage and as a first-rate Tourist City, Ningbo boasts picturesque scenic areas and a plenty of historical relics as well as long-standing Buddhist culture and well-renowned social resources. The Neolithic Hemudu Culture Ruins date back to 7,000 years known as the cradle of the Sun totem. The Dongqian-Lake with its enchanting mountains and water is celebrated as "No.1 coastal lake in China". The Putuo-Island is reputed as "Fairyland at Sea". The Beilun Harbour is grand and unique. The Songlan Mountain is a provincial scenic area noted for its seashore, beach and island sight seeing. The Tianyi Pavilion is the oldest private library in Asia. The Baoguo Temple is the oldest wooden architecture in the south of the Yangtze River. The culturally-endowed Liangzhu Park is the birthplace of the love story "Oriental Romeo and Juliet". The King Asoka Temple is well-known for the preservation of the partial bone of Sakyamuni. The Tiantong Temple is the ancestral temple of Caodong Buddhist Sect of Japan. The Xuedou Temple is famous for Maitreya Buddhist rites. Thus a multi-level, high-density tourist network has been formed with Ningbo as its hub, the Putuo Mountain in the east, the Yandang Mountain in the south, Shaoxing and Hangzhou in the west and Shanghai in the north.
Convenient in transportation, beautiful in surroundings and excellent in tourist facilities, Ningbo has formed a transportation network of land, sea and air services. Its passenger line has been extended to Beijing, Guangzhou, Baotou and Shanghai,etc, and 11 holiday lines have also been opened between Ningbo and Nanjing as well as Wuyi Mountain, etc. There are 28 scheduled fights including air lines to Hongkong and Macao. In addition, one-hour service network has been established from the city proper to each satellite city and county. With the opening of Shanghai-Hangzhou-Ningbo Expressway, it takes merely 3 hours to travel from Ningbo to Shanghai. Besides, Ningbo enjoys distinctive seasons, favorable climate, attractive ecological environment and excellent air quality. Tourists who have been to Ningbo from all over the world think of Ningbo as the "Oriental Venice" in their memory.
The local food of Ningbo also enjoys high reputation in the world. Here, you many enjoy the genuine Ningbo cooking to your heart content. Siehe http://german.ningbo.gov.cn/
II. Introduction to Ningbo University
Ningbo University is one of the famous universities in Zhejiang Province, China. It is situated on the outskirts of Ningbo, only 12 kilometers away from the downtown area. The views around the campus are breathtaking, the colors change dramatically with the seasons. The landscape has been enhanced by the evergreen trees, grass, lawns and beautiful flowers. When spring comes, different kinds of birds visit the peaceful and tranquil campus, their beautiful twittering will bring you good mood everyday. When you are walking around the campus, it is as is you were strolling in a fascinating forest. In a word, the campus enjoys many kinds of scapes, such as wood scape, river scape, grass scape, lawn scape and bird scape… As it was established in contemporary times, Ningbo University is able to redefine the structure of teaching and assessment in its degree course, rather than follow the conventional structures of many other institutions. It has an enviable research record and many of our departments have been graded excellent in assessments of teaching quality. Students here will be asked opinion of courses and we ensure that opinions are seriously considered and acted upon efficiently.
Ningbo University focuses on the education of undergraduate students leading to their baccalaureates, and also it enrolls postgraduate students leading to Master degrees approved by the Degree Office under the State Council. At present, the university consists of 25 colleges and departments offering 38 majors in the degree programs distributed in various disciplines, including liberal arts, business, law, science, engineering, agronomy and medical science. The university also has 26 scientific research establishments such as Chinese Cultural Research Center, International Economy Research Center, and Materials Science & Mechanics Research Center. They undertake hundreds of research projects and consultation services in the fields of science, technology, economy, law and so on.
Now Ningbo University has more than 15,000 full-time students and over 6,300 adult education students including 3,400 in different diploma programs. The number of teaching and administrative staff members reaches 2,100, of which 800 are professional teachers.
III. Information about Teaching at Ningbo University
1. We employ one native german speaker to work at Ningbo University as teacher of the German language. According to their professional abilities, the work assigned, the educational and professional background, we refer to them as "Foreign Experts ".
2. A foreign expert has to be a Master Degree holder and rich in teaching experience.
3. We shall offer RMB 3,300-4,600 yuan as a monthly salary to each foreign expert. And we shall offer RMB2,200-3,300 yuan as a monthly salary to each foreign teacher. In addition, we shall also pay RMB 20 yuan for each teaching hour that he/she teaches (with the total teaching hours up to 16 hours per week), and RMB 50 yuan for each extra teaching hour above 16 hours.
4. We expect the foreign expert or the foreign teacher to give 14-16 teaching hours a week. To conduct german classes, give tutorials, make recordings, correct students' assignments, advise students of extra-curricular activities, help train teachers and give lectures and so on. The german courses range from german writing and conversation to german films.
5. If a german expert or a german teacher is employed at Ningbo University and the periods of service is over one academic year, we shall provide him/her with a one-way international airfare (USD600 for those from Europe) and the travel expenses between the nearest entry city and Ningbo.
6. During the period of contract, we shall bear the following responsibilities for german expert and german teacher.
(1) A well-furnished apartment (with kitchen utensils, bathroom, furniture, beddings, television set, video player, refrigerator and facilities for heating and cooling)
(2) 85% of medical expenses, except for expenses paid for registration, the doctor's home visits, and transportation to and from hospital, false teeth fitting, teeth cleaning, cosmetic surgery, massage, spectacles, board in hospital and non-medical tonics.
(3) A vacation allowance of RMB 2200 yuan for an academic year.
(4) An allowance of RMB 300 yuan per month will be given for telephone fees, gas, electricity and water.
VI. Application Processes
1. We shall need one german teacher for academic year 2011-2012. This academic year will begin on Sept. 2011. When two sides satisfied, we can add the next academic year.
2. Application documents
(1) Resume (including full name, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, educational background and working experience)
(2) Academic degree certificates
(3) Copy of the passport
(4) Two reference letters
(5) Health certificate (Physical Examination Record for Foreigners from the Chinese Embassy)
(6) 4 passport-sized photos
3. Time of application
If you apply for a teaching position at our university, please contact us and post the application documents to us before the end of January, 2011.
4. Contact person
Faculty of Foreign Languages
Ningbo, Zhejiang Province 315211
P. R. China
Tel: +86-574-87600153 Fax: +86-574-87600321
M.P.: 0574-87604916 or 13067980215